A few of our readers not too long ago reported that they have been unable to launch the Dolby audio driver on Home windows 10. There will be many elements that stop the Dolby audio driver from working correctly, however now we have supplied a number of fixes for this challenge.
How do I begin Dolby audio?
- press Home windows + R. open Runkind mmsys.cpl within the textual content area enter.
- Proper click on in your headphones and choose property.
- okay, let’s go spatial sound tab, choose Dolby Atmos for Headphones From the drop-down menu, OK Save your modifications.
Dobly audio will now begin and you may get pleasure from encompass sound.
Why cannot I begin the Dolby audio driver?
There are a number of doable causes for the Dolby audio driver unable to start out error message that some customers see on Home windows 10.
- out of date or corrupted audio driver – The OS could obtain driver updates, which can be as a consequence of some driver points. Updating them solves the issue.
- Incorrect audio settings – Dolby audio driver could not begin if audio enhancement shouldn’t be configured accurately in Home windows 10. Try one of the best ways to reset all sound settings in Home windows 11. This can be a information for Home windows 11, however you may see it applies to Home windows 10 as nicely.
- Output sound system shouldn’t be correctly related – This challenge may also happen if audio output units equivalent to audio system or headphones should not related to the suitable ports.
- Invalid audio system – Some required audio providers should not enabled on Home windows 10.
Upon getting recognized the reason for the issue, use the options beneath to verify that you’ll be able to repair this challenge.
What ought to I do if the Dolby audio driver fails to start out?
Earlier than continuing to research superior options to resolve the difficulty, it is best to take into account performing the next preliminary checks.
- Be sure the audio cable is correctly related to the audio output port and to not the audio enter port.
- Set Dolby because the default audio driver.
- Disable your antivirus software program program, or get a greater one designed for Home windows 10.
- Restart your PC.
If the above checks don’t resolve the difficulty, proceed studying this text for a repair that enables the Dolby audio driver as well.
1. Replace your audio driver
- Proper-click begin click on the icon or Home windows+ X key to activate fast entry menu and choice system supervisor.
- Double click on Sound, video and recreation controllers optionally, dolby audio system, and select driver replace from the menu.
- subsequent, Automated driver search After choosing the choice, Home windows will seek for one of the best driver in your system.
After permitting Home windows Driver Updater to seek for drivers and restart your PC, set up prompt updates. Additionally, if you wish to replace the drivers out of your laptop, take a look at methods to obtain audio drivers in Home windows 10.
2. Uninstall and reinstall the Dolby audio driver
- left click on begin button, kind Management panel, and launch it.
- click on uninstall this system underneath program.
- choose Dolby Digital Plus Superior Audio and click on Uninstall.
- Moreover, go to the producer’s web site and obtain the Dolby audio driver.
- Launch the app after downloading and observe the on-screen directions to finish the set up course of.
If the issue is with the audio driver model, one of the best answer is to reinstall the Dolby audio driver. You too can test this information to reinstall the audio driver in Home windows.
Nonetheless, if reinstalling the audio driver doesn’t resolve the difficulty, it is best to run the audio troubleshooter.
3. Run the audio troubleshooter
- click on begin button to pick out setting.
- Then click on Updates and safety from the menu.
- discover and click on troubleshooting in the suitable pane Different troubleshooting From proper.
- Then click on Different troubleshooting.
- subsequent, play audio Click on on Troubleshoot Run the troubleshooter.
- Then choose the problematic audio output system and click on Subsequent It is on the backside of the display screen.
Use the Home windows Troubleshooter to determine and repair issues along with your system or configured settings.
Additionally, as soon as the error is recognized, observe the steps rigorously to utterly repair the Dolby audio driver unable to start out in Home windows 10 challenge.
If you happen to’ve tried all of the options on this article on fixing the Dolby audio driver and none of them work, take a look at our guides for different sound options.
If in case you have another questions, write them within the feedback part beneath. Additionally, let me know which answer works finest for you.